ITCHING

Friday 15 November 2013

15.11.13
I'm not going to lie to you, although I'm currently studying Fashion Promotion, I will always be an illustrator at heart. I try and mix the two as best as I can, which sometimes isn't as easy as you would imagine, so I'm trying to keep balance between coursework and slapping paint around on pages. Since my recent post I've decided to take the reins and get back on track, feeling as though I have been floating about in limbo. This year until now I've deserted the idea of pursuing some form of illustrative future, but seeing friends who are doing courses that really involve hands on art I've been itching to get back on the horse.
And what best to start off with an influence map (and a change of hair colour)?
  1. tcktck's work has always been inspiring to me but lately with all these naked ladies, my weakness, I'm going to go scrabble for some life drawing blogs to refresh my anatomy skills once more.
  2. I discovered Mark Lovejoy's work on tumblr a few months ago and it's been heavy on my mind since, these are photographs of pressed paints. Something I'd really like to try myself, perhaps to decorate my box (room)?
  3. blairz (or blondelasanga on tumblr) is a fashion illustrator who found me on instagram, I love her messy yet stylistic images of women. It's something I can relate to in my own art, as I don't believe in being a perfectionist with keeping in between the lines.
  4. To be quite honest, I think 6133's art speaks for itself.
  5. I've been following 70% EtOH for quite some time, and it just keeps getting better. I yearn for a style like that I just don't believe I have the patience.
  6. Sailor Moon, if you know me, has a space in my heart. And as soon as I re-watch/read it I'm scratching at my graphics tablet like no other, so I must do this soon.
  7. The Last Unicorn's scenery and animation stokes me now, even though it was released in the 80's. Constantly taking inspiration and wisdom from this.




No comments:

Post a Comment