late nights and even later mornings

Thursday 14 November 2013

14-11-13

ZARA dress, ZARA oversized tartan scarf, VAGABOND DIOON boots, MONKI Lucy lace bra, TOPSHOP oversized boyfriend coat, URBAN DECAY lipstick in Revolution & TARTE.

I feel like this post's title accurately describes my lifestyle at the moment. Going out is like a ritual for us here in halls, we crave the oh-so-easy way of slipping on something special and drinking until you can hardly remember your own name in the morning. Dancing til 3AM and acting stupidly, all ending in some form of heartbreak; whether that be looking at your bank account in the morning or if that cute guy who ground up against you in the early hours, to thumping, almost penetrating music, never left his number. 
It's not glamorous, but it's not unattractive either.
I'm just a little tired of it, I want to wrap up in Zara's line of thick, wool scarves that stop at your ankle and chuck an even more oversized coat on top, then curl up on a bench and recollect thoughts whilst looking at the murky Thames. Maybe with a hot cuppa. 
I've tried to avoid oversized gear all summer but now, as Winter approaches, I stomp on that idea. I love oversized! Who doesn't want to wear a big hug? And if you're reading this saying 'not me, Belle, that's kind of odd' then... maybe you should sit yourself down and talk it out with yourself. 
But anyway, here's my wish list for this week November. I've been wearing so many different shades of red lipstick lately, I've pinpointed it down to oxblood and candy apple. One for a moody day and one for a 'let's try and get out of a mood' day. I've already bought the Monki bra and I love it. It's possibly the cutest damn thing to wear whenever you're feeling a little too oversized. Lyrics by DAUGHTER - Home.

I was drunk again, causing accidents.
Oh, you're not a friend,
you're nothing.

I think I should be a little more confident.
In myself,
In my skin.

Take me, take me, home.
Take me, take me, home.

'cause I dont' stand a chance in these four walls.
And he don't recognise me anymore.
Burned out flames should never re-ignite.
But I thought you might...

Take me, take me, home.
Take me, take me, home.

No comments:

Post a Comment